Every smart home needs a perfect water leak detection device. Govee WIFI water leak detector is a force to be reckoned with among other smart water leak detectors. Govee WIFI water sensors work well with Google Home and Alexa to create a formidable home security alarm system.
Considering the future holds for smart homes and smart home security, we have a detailed Govee WIFI water detector Leak Detector review for your consumption and final decision.
Nowadays, people can receive daily alerts and notifications on their phones even when they are far away from home. This alarm gives them total control over what is going on in their absence.
For example, some security cameras can detect motion and send you notifications of a possible intrusion into your property. You can also communicate with other alarms in your home with just an app on your phone.
Consequently, a good WIFI water sensor like the Govee WIFI Water Sensor can alert you to water leaks and burst pipes as soon as they occur, even when you’re not on site. This way, you can act quickly before things get out of hand.
The Govee WIFI Water Leak Detector Alarm System comes with 3 battery-operated water sensors installed anywhere to watch for broken water pipes or any form of leakage.
You can install the Govee water leak sensor under your sink, near your washing machine, kitchen sewer system, sink boxes, faucets, and other potential leak locations.
Other places you can put Govee WIFI water sensors include the bathroom, basement, sink, and water heater. This will help detect leaks anywhere early before they cause costly water damage to your home and other electronic devices.
Is the Govee WIFI water sensor the best smart water leak detector?
After reviewing other smart home leak detectors, we recommend the Govee WIFI water leak detector as one of the best leak detectors for homeowners.
However, in this Govee WIFI Water Leak Detector Review, we will discuss this smart sensor, review its pros, cons, and various features to see if it is a good buy for your household.
Notable Features of Govee WIFI Water Leak Detector
Govee, as a popular choice for homeowners, comes with the following features:
- Has an audible alarm
- Connects anywhere in your home via WIFI
- Can connect up to 10 sensors at once with strong signals
- Email notification, app notification, and cell phone notification when water is detected
- 100-dB alarm, loud enough to alert you to possible leaks in your home
- 6 AA batteries for longer productivity
How the Govee WIFI Water Leak Detector works
When a flood or burst water pipe is detected, the Govee alerts you immediately with a 100 dB alarm, email notifications, app push notifications, and text messages.
If there is a water leak in your home, you need to know right away to avoid costly water damage. Placing water probes in high-risk areas can help prevent flooding before it starts.
Govee WIFI Water Leak Sensor Review 2021
Govee water leak sensor is a popular choice with house owners who need to monitor multiple home areas with one system. Since the water sensors support Wi-Fi and are battery-operated, they are easy to install anywhere, such as under sinks, near sump pumps, and crawl spaces.
- It comes with 3 remote sensors with the ability to accommodate 10
- Good for large homes and condos
- Alerts are in the form of an audible alarm, email alerts, and notifications on your smartphone
- 1-year warranty
- Monitor water leakages on your phone
- 6 AAA batteries included
- No monthly subscription
- Reports of delayed notifications
- Requires replacing batteries from time to time
- It does not support 5g
The Govee water sensors have probes on the front and back to detect water from any direction.
When water triggers the alarm, 100 dB, you can hear it all around the house, and if you are not at home, you will be notified by phone to take immediate action.
How to install Govee WIFI water sensor
There are two steps to installing the Govee water leak detector alarm.
- It would help if you linked the alarm to your home WiFi network so that it can send notifications directly to your phone.
- Place the water sensors in areas with a high risk of flooding, such as near the collection pump, under the sink, bathroom, basement, and narrow space.
- Ensure that these sensors are reconnected to the alarm and positioned correctly so that the sensors are in the areas most likely to flood or leak water.
- Test your connection
How do I connect Govee lamps to your device or network?
Here’s the quick step-by-step process for connecting Govee lights to Alexa or another home network:
- Download the Govee Home app from your app store, be it Google Play on Android or App Store on iOS.
- Register and connect your device with the Govee Home app.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone or other control devices.
- Open the Govee Home app, tap the “+” icon at the top right and select “H6159”.
- Literally follow the instructions to complete the connection.
- To connect the Govee lights to Alexa or other similar software, go to the settings icon at the top right and select “Use guidance.” Then follow the on-screen instructions again.
This system comes with 3 sensors, but it can track up to 10 sensors, making it a good option for large homes with many lines to monitor. This unbiased Govee WIFI Water Leak Detector Review should help you make your decision.
Our recommendation is based purely on our opinion and experience with the product.