We all know that home security curtains help protect our doors and windows from the prying eyes of intruders and spies, but what is the best security curtain for windows and doors?
This question is on the lips of homeowners, and we will do well to clarify it with this post.
Blackout curtains are often overlooked in homes today, but they are arguably the best home security curtains.
With this security curtain installed in your windows and doors, it deters intruders from knowing what is going on in your home and also protects your home from biological attacks like anthrax invasion, acid attacks, etc.
Why are security curtains important for home security?
The importance of security curtains cannot be overstated. For example, did you know that it is easier for burglars to break into homes if they know what they will find?
They can’t see the inside. In most cases, your value is determined by how good and prosperous the inside of your home looks.
Burglars are very intelligent and calculating.
However, most of the time, they are more motivated to attempt a burglary if they know there is something good on the other side of your door.
For example, they might think you have a lot of money because you live largely, drive a nice car, go shopping once in a while, invite a few friends over for weekend parties, post on social media, etc.
Since these are all assumptions, burglars might assume your house is worth breaking into because they think you have something valuable in the house. They always make sure that their chances of coming across a gold mine are 90 percent correct.
Security curtains are always a trip hazard for intruders and burglars—especially blackout curtains.
Once you have a security curtain outside your window, it becomes difficult for an outsider to see what is happening in your home.
Which blackout curtains are the best?
Whether you want to protect your home from intruders or reduce glare from the sun’s rays while getting a little more sleep in the morning, you can check out these top 3 recommended blackout curtains.
1. 100% Blackout Curtains for Bedroom 84 Inches Long Thermal Insulated Lined Curtains for Living Room
If you are actively looking for the best window security curtains, we recommend choosing this 84-inch blackout curtain.
The Flamingo P Curtains are made of two thick layers to protect them from heat, cold, and light.
- The grommets easily slide over a decorative rod.
- It prevents intruders and spies from spying on your property.
- Take a restful nap during the day, or keep the glare of the sun off your TV with this blackout curtain panel made of thick material to block out excess light.
- The pass-through curtain at the top is long enough to close windows and doors all the way to the floor without letting light out at the top or bottom.
- Bring warmth and style to your home with a high-quality curtain panel.
2. AmazonBasics Room Darkening Blackout Window Panel Curtains
Another product on our list is the popular amazon basic blackout curtain. Some of its amazing features are
- Keep sunlight and harmful UV rays out with this blackout curtain from AmazonBasics.
- It helps keep a bedroom exceptionally dark, perfect for an afternoon or morning nap.
- In addition to promoting better sleeping conditions, the curtain provides complete privacy and helps reduce outside noise for a quieter indoor environment.
- Features two panels of innovative triple weave 240GSM polyester fabric that not only effectively blocks light but also acts as an energy-saving barrier
- Insulates against heat and cold to keep rooms cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Unlike alternatives with stiff linings or foam backing, the 100% fabric curtain keeps out light, heat, and cold while still soft and lightweight.
- Two hook and loop fasteners are included to pull the curtain panels in gracefully.
- The curtain can be machine washed if needed, making it easy to care for at home.
3. NICETOWN Thermal Insulated Grommet Blackout Curtains for Bedroom
These are the cheapest blackout curtains on our list. The only problem we had with this blackout curtain is its window length, which does not extend downward. They are made of high-quality materials that are linen-free.
- The heavy microfiber blackout curtains are interwoven with a top layer of fabric.
- High-density black yarn and a back layer of fabric with advanced triple weave technology.
- It protects your privacy and prevents light from entering.
- Saves energy by balancing room temperature by helping to prevent summer heat and winter cold at the window.
- It also protects your furniture, floors, and artwork from the sun’s fury.
How are security curtains hung?
Do you know that you can install security curtains in your homes without drilling holes?
These are some of the ways security curtains are hung.
- By using tension rods
- By using temporary command hooks
- By using curtain rods with swivel and clamp functions
- By hanging Curtain Rods from the ceiling
How are security curtains made?
Safety curtains are made of high quality and thick fabrics that are made of luxurious materials. For example, the front could be silk or Duchesse fabric backed with a soft, thick, smooth, naturally woven blackout fabric (with no chemical coating).
Lined constructions are ECO-friendly. They are often made by weaving two or more layers of material together to form a stronger microfiber curtain that can withstand heat, light, and fire.
Whichever product you choose, always remember that blackout curtains are the best safety curtains for home security.