Can I Watch Wyze on my PC? The short answer is yes. you can actually watch your Wyze camera on your pc even with a desktop app!
As of this writing, the Wyze cam does not have a desktop app for PC. However, if you are really interested in monitoring the activities going on in your home with a Wyze camera on a computer, there are ways we can help you do that.
Wyze Cam is one of the most popular smart home cameras, and you can easily connect it to your mobile phone so that you can monitor your home even when you are not at home.
Can I Watch Wyze on my PC?
The short answer is yes! You can actually watch your Wyze camera on your PC, even with a desktop app. There are many easy ways to do this, using either an Andriod or IOS emulator on your desktop and using the Wyze Cam RTSP protocol.
You can view the Wyze Cam on a computer, and there are several ways to do this. Both are easy, but we prefer to use an emulator on your PC and install the Wyze App. Also, using RTSP could be problematic if you are not technically savvy.
Option 1: How to watch Wyze Cam on PC using an Emulator in 2 Simple Steps
To use the app Wyze Cam on your PC, you need an emulator (emulation of the phone environment, usually Android). While there are many emulators out there, we recommend BlueStacks because it is the most popular. If you are a gamer, you probably know what we are talking about.
This is a step-by-step guide to viewing Wyze Camera on your computer using the BlueStacks emulator.
Step 1: Download and install BlueStacks to your PC. With a good WiFi connection, this can take up to 10 minutes. After installing it, open BlueStacks.
Step 2: In BlueStacks (which emulates an Android phone), download the Wyze Cam app from Google Play and log in with your credentials.
That is it! You should now be able to see your Wyze Cam on your PC. The app should work just like your phone. However, keep in mind that this is a temporary fix.
Note: You may run into problems with the app after a while. That probably means it’s time for an update as there are new releases regularly.
However, in BlueStacks, the easiest way is to uninstall the app and install the new version.
Also Read: Can I Use Wyze Cam As Baby Monitor?
Option 2: How to Watch Wyze Cam on PC using RTSP protocol
RTSP means Real-Time Streaming Protocol is a standard network protocol designed for establishing and controlling media sessions between endpoints. Due to hardware limitations, RTSP could only be implemented as a separate firmware release for both Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.
Many people prefer a direct stream. However, before we begin, you must first install VLC Media Player on your computer (if you don’t already have it). The software is free and easy to install.
Here’s how to watch Wyze Camera on your computer – step by step.
- Step 1: For your Wyze Cam to stream content, you must first enable the Real-Time Streaming Protocol. You can do this by opening Settings and selecting Advanced Settings, and then RTSP. If you can’t turn it on, it might not be up to date.
- Step 2: Type your username and password, and then click Generate URL. You now have a URL that you can use to stream the video on any device. Of course, the best way to stream it to your PC is through the VLC media player, which you should have downloaded by now.
- Step 3: Enable streaming as follows:
- Open the VLC player
- Select Media
- Select Open Network Stream
- Type or paste the URL you obtained earlier
- Click Play to start streaming
There you have it! If you did everything correctly, your PC would immediately start streaming. Keep in mind that the stream can have a delay of up to 10 seconds. If it is a problem, you can always use the emulator method.
How to install the RTSP Firmware on the Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan
To successfully download and install RTSP on your Wyze cam, follow this process.
- Download the Wyze cam V2 firmware or Wyze cam pan firmware
- Unzip the file and rename the content to “demo.bin.”
- Move the content to a micro SD Card.
- Turn off the Wyze Cam (unplug the USB cable) and insert the micro SD card
- Hold the setup/reset button while plugin the USB cable back
- Keep pressing the button and wait until the LED turns solid blue
- Once the LED is solid blue, release the setup/reset button
- Wait for 3 to 4 minutes until the camera reboots, and observe the LED and wait for the process to finish; once it’s finished, you will be able to see the camera available in the Wyze Cam App.
A wireless home camera is not only a great way to protect your home, but it can also give you a sense of security. Now that you know how to monitor your Wyze Cam on your PC, you can also view it on your phone. Just download the app as described in the emulator method.
However, those who prefer the first method cite better control over the video. You can use the app Wyze Cam as if it were on your phone.
However, emulators can be a weak point in terms of security. Therefore, they are usually based on Android and not iOS, although their use is 100% legal.
App developers had also complained that it is a scam that skews their analysis (they think they have so many mobile app users when some users actually used the app on an emulator on their PC ). It can also crash frequently.