Can I Watch Wyze on my PC? The short answer is yes. you can actually watch your Wyze camera on your pc even with a desktop app!
As of this writing, the Wyze cam does not have a desktop app for PC. However, if you are really interested in monitoring the activities going on in your home with a Wyze camera on a computer, there are ways we can help you do that.
Wyze Cam is one of the most widely used smart home cameras on the market because it’s simply good and affordable. In addition, you may effortlessly connect it to your cell phone, allowing you to keep an eye on your home even when you are not there to supervise it.
Can I Watch Wyze on my PC?
The short answer is yes! You can actually watch your Wyze camera on your PC, even with a desktop app. There are many easy ways to do this, using either an Andriod or IOS emulator on your desktop and using the Wyze Cam RTSP protocol.
You can view the Wyze Cam on a computer, and there are several ways to do this. Both are easy, but we prefer to use an emulator on your PC and install the Wyze App. Also, using RTSP could be problematic if you are not technically savvy.
Option 1: How to watch Wyze Cam on PC using an Emulator in 2 Simple Steps
An emulator is required in order to run the Wyze Cam application on your computer (emulation of the phone environment, usually Android). Even though there are other emulators available, we recommend BlueStacks because it is the most widely used.
The majority of gamers are likely to be familiar with what we’re talking about. This tutorial will walk you through the process of watching Wyze Camera on your PC using the BlueStacks emulator.
Step 1: Download and install BlueStacks to your PC. Install it and open BlueStacks.
Step 2: From within BlueStacks (which emulates an Android phone), download the Wyze Cam app from Google Play and log in with your credentials.
There you have it! That is all there is to it! You should be able to see your Wyze Cam on your PC at this point. The app will function in the same way that it does on your phone but your PC.
Note: If you run into problems after some time, this probably means it’s time to update BlueStacks as there are new releases regularly.
In order to upgrade BlueStacks, the easiest way is to uninstall the app altogether and re-install the latest version.
Also Read: Can I Use Wyze Cam As Baby Monitor?
Option 2: How to Watch Wyze Cam Live on PC using RTSP protocol
RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) is a standard network protocol designed for establishing and controlling media sessions between endpoints. Due to hardware limitations, RTSP can only be implemented using a separate firmware release for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.
Many people prefer a direct stream. However, before we begin, you must first install VLC Media Player on your computer (if you don’t already have it).
VLC is freeware and super easy to install.
Step-by-step instructions on how to see Wyze Camera on your computer.
- For your Wyze Cam to broadcast content, you must first enable Real-Time Streaming Protocol on your computer or smartphone. If you want to accomplish this, go into the settings and pick Advanced Settings, followed by RTSP. If you are unable to switch it on, it may be out of date.
- Enter your login and password in the appropriate fields before clicking Generate URL. It would help if you now had a URL that you could use to stream the video on any device you choose. Of course, the most efficient method of streaming the video is through VLC Media Player, which you should have downloaded and installed on your computer by now.
- Enable streaming by following these instructions:
- Open the VLC media player and choose Media.
- Next, type in the URL you obtained earlier or selected Open Network Stream Type from the drop-down menu.
- To begin streaming, press the Play button.
That’s all there is to it! If everything goes according to plan, your computer should begin streaming immediately. However, keep in mind that there may be a delay of up to 10 seconds in the streaming video. If this is a problem, you can always resort to the emulator approach to solve the problem.
How to install the RTSP Firmware on the Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan
To successfully download and install RTSP on your Wyze cam, follow this process.
- Download the Wyze cam V2 firmware or Wyze cam pan firmware
- Unzip the file and rename the content to “demo.bin.”
- Move the content to a micro SD Card.
- Turn off the Wyze Cam (unplug the USB cable) and insert the micro SD card
- Hold the setup/reset button while plugin the USB cable back
- Keep pressing the button and wait until the LED turns solid blue
- Once the LED is solid blue, release the setup/reset button
- Wait for 3 to 4 minutes until the camera reboots, and observe the LED and wait for the process to finish; once it’s finished, you will be able to see the camera available in the Wyze Cam App.
Conclusion on How to watch Wyze Cam on your PC
Not only is a wireless home camera an excellent way to secure your property, but it may also provide you with a sense of security. Of course, you may also view your Wyze Cam on your TV now that we taught you how!
Download the software using the emulator BlueStack technique explained earlier. Though be aware of software updates and compatibility favoring Android/Windows above Mac OS/OSX.
Enjoy your Wyze cam!