Car door sensors are basically a safety “must-have” these days. With car insurance prices constantly on the rise and car thefts still commonplace, protecting your vehicle from theft and other security risks is important. Car door sensors are a great way to secure your car against theft.
Why you need a Car Door Sensor that Sends Text Messages?
New research shows that vehicles in the US are being targeted by thieves more than ever. It is estimated that more than 2 million vehicles are stolen in the U.S. each year, which is more than the number of homes robbed.
To keep your vehicle safe, consider a car door sensor that sends a text message.
The sensor installs on your car door and sends a text message to your phone or email when your car door is opened.
Best Car Door Sensor the Sends Text message
Finding a car door sensor that sends a notification to your phone was difficult for us until we came across the Secure Door Sensor.
With it, you will receive a notification on your smartphone every time your door or gate moves unexpectedly.
The Secure Door Sensor can send you a message when it detects door movement. No WiFi is required. The Secure Door Sensor uses the latest IoT technology to alert you and allows for long battery life.
It comes in small size and has been made of solid material. The device can be installed without being noticed.
- WORK & SLEEP WITHOUT WORRY - CarLock monitors and alerts you on your phone when your vehicle is moved, when the engine starts, if unusual vibration is detected & even if the device is disconnected!
- MONITOR YOUR TEENAGER - We love our teens but they can be entirely different people behind the wheel. CarLock detects harsh acceleration (drag racing), hard breaking & sharp cornering (stunt driving).
- VIRTUAL MECHANIC - CarLock actively monitors the health of your vehicle and alerts you in advance if your car battery is running dangerously low or is experiencing high battery drain.
- LIKE GPS ON STEROIDS - Also included is detailed trip tracking which lets you monitor where your car has been. Whether your car is stolen or a "trusted" driver is going off course - you'll know!
- EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE - CarLock uses cloud computing, internet storage, GPS tracking and a modern day app (Andoid & iOS). You get all this for only $9.60 per month and the first month is FREE!
How does a car door sensor work?
Your car’s electrical system is the main driver behind your car’s door sensors. Within this system are several wires and sensors in your vehicle, starting with the car battery. The battery supplies power to a junction box, which is equipped with fuses and switches.
From the junction box, a wire runs to each sensor system. Each sensor system consists of detecting whether the circuit is open or closed, depending on the function of the signal. Car door sensors are part of the same system.
A wire runs from the box to different parts of your car depending on what your car needs to signal.
For example, the driver’s door may have different sensors and signals for locked doors, unlocked doors, doors with child locks, doors ajar, or rolled down windows.
Almost all door and window sensors use a “reed switch” to determine when a protected area has been breached.
Invented in 1936 at Bell Telephone Laboratories, reed switches are used everywhere from pedal keyboards to laptops (ever wonder how your computer manages to go to sleep when you close the lid? That’s a reed switch that works!).
A reed switch consists of a series of electrical connections that are slightly spaced apart. When a magnetic field is an applied parallel to the electrical terminals, it pulls them together and closes the circuit.
Door sensors have a reed switch and a magnet, creating a closed circuit. When someone opens a guarded door or window, the magnet is pulled away from the switch, breaking the circuit and triggering an event.
Depending on your installation and your system’s mode, this can be a discrete text, a chime alarm, or a full alarm.
Gone, however, are the days when you had to rely on wire sensors to protect your car from theft. There are portable car door sensors that can easily send you phone alerts and emails whenever your car door is opened without your knowledge.