Most landlords and homeowners frown at people drilling holes in their property. So if you wonder how to install your ring doorbell camera without drilling any hole either in your door or wall, we will show you how to go about it with this post.
To answer your question:
Yes it is pretty easy to install a Ring doorbell without drilling!
With this post, you will learn how to install a ring doorbell without drilling and set up your ring doorbell camera for maximum performance properly.
With its variants, the ring doorbell camera has been considered one of the best doorbell cameras befitting every home.
However, one of the challenges users face, especially tenants, is how to install the Ring doorbell without making a hole in the wall. This shouldn’t be a problem because we have the solutions right here at Home Security Planet.
Can You Install Ring Doorbell without Drilling?
Yes, you can install a Ring doorbell cam without drilling by either using a mild adhesive, Ring doorbell holder for apartment door and removable doorbell plate; however, Ring’s new Ring peephole cam is designed for people who live in apartments or rental properties where the drilling and installation of a digital doorbell are not allowed.
As long as your door has a peephole, you should be able to install Ring’s doorbell cam without problems.
The Ring peephole doorbell video Cam is a wireless solution, meaning no drilling or permanent adjustments to your door or home are required to install.
The camera offers 1080p HD resolution, motion detection, Google assistant support, Alexa support, a microphone and speaker for two-way communication, and night vision for night vision.
There is also an impact sensor that sends you an alert if someone knocks on the door.
However, the only important requirement is that your door must have an existing peephole or door viewer.
Then, remove the existing equipment, install the ring doorbell on each side of the door and add the rechargeable battery and removable faceplate.
They are all battery-powered with wireless connectivity. Therefore you do not have to drill any hole to connect it to power or chime.
How to Install Ring Video Doorbells Without Drilling Holes
Having received many requests via mail on the best way to mount a Ring video doorbell camera, we have decided to give you a simplified way to do it, using a Ring doorbell camera 2 as an example.
To get started, you will need to have the following tools ready: Ring Video Doorbell 2 or Ring Door View Cam, double-sided tape, level, your smartphone, and internet access.
- Double-sided tape your apartment door and make sure that the tape is large enough to accommodate the doorbell camera.
- Remove the tape’s protective covering.
- Using a piece of masking tape, attach the Ring Video Doorbell.
- Download the Ring App through the App Store. New Ring users should click Set up a device to create their Ring account before proceeding.
- Your video doorbell should have a name, so give it one.
- Once that’s done, let the doorbell have access to the local address.
- To put the doorbell into setup mode, press the black button on it.
- Then, to continue, touch the Next button on your Ring app when you see the doorbell’s LED status change.
- WiFi is required in order to use the Ring video doorbell.
- Test your installation and camera angle to make sure everything is working as it should before moving forward.
How to install the Ring Video Doorbell 2 without any Drilling
So how do we do this drill-free installation of the Ring Video Doorbell?
The most popular video doorbell in the world, the Ring Video Doorbell 2, has been tested by our staff with several devices and works great.
A replaceable, rechargeable battery is included, so you do not have to plug it in or drill a hole for wiring.
When using the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, this wireless video doorbell connects to your home WiFi so you can watch live video, listen to recorded video, and receive push notifications from anywhere.
If you want to record motion-triggered videos, Ring offers 30 days of cloud storage. To store the movie videos, you need to pay $3 every month.
Can I mount my ring doorbell without screws?
As previously stated, the Ring Video Doorbell is a combination smart doorbell and a security camera. It enables you to see and speak with whoever is at the door and even sends notifications to your smartphone when motion is detected or when the doorbell is pressed. If, on the other hand, the prospect of drilling holes in your doorframe or wall gives you nightmares, have no fear! There is a way to mount your Ring Video Doorbell to the wall without using screws.
No-Drill Mount for Ring Video Doorbell (Release 2021) is your solution if you do not want to drill holes in your home to mount it. This makes it the perfect solution for apartment renters who can not drill holes in their apartments. In addition, when you install the new Ring Video Doorbell, you do not have to worry about damaging the walls in front of your door (Release 2021).
On the other hand, no-drill Mount for Ring Video Doorbell is designed specifically for Ring Video Doorbell (release date 2021).
Therefore, it will not work with Ring Video Doorbell (1st generation) or other Ring Video Doorbell models.
Furthermore, the Ring Video Doorbell Ring Solar Doorbell charger also does not work (2021 version).
How do you mount a ring doorbell camera without screws?
There are ways in which a doorbell camera can be mounted without screws. Three of the most common ways are you can install a ring doorbell camera without drilling a hole:
- Using a removable adhesive strip or suction cup can be peeled off the wall later without damaging anything.
- Using a small hook that will only leave a little hole and doesn’t require any drilling.
- Putting the camera on something such as a shelf or table, where there’s no need actually to attach it to the wall
With those three options in mind, a homeowner or renter can get a security camera in the location they want and not damage the wall in the process.
While there are many ways to mount a Ring doorbell, the most important thing is to make sure that it sees everything it was supposed to see.
A doorbell camera should detect motion from a distance, send an alert to the homeowner and record the face of anyone on the front door or back door.
Residents, tenants, and leaseholders of apartment buildings can use Ring Peephole Cam as a video doorbell.
This greatest and smallest peephole doorbell may be installed on any apartment door with a peephole without drilling or screwing.
With 1080p Full HD, you can watch crystal-clear videos on your iPhone, Android smartphone, PC, or tablet in stunning clarity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is No-Drill Mount?
- No-drill mount that lets you attach Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) to your home without drilling
- Weather-proof, durable mount that uses strong, non-damaging adhesive to keep your doorbell securely attached to the wall
- Easily setup by adhering No-Drill Mount to your wall, and then attaching your Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) to the No-Drill Mount
- Easily remove the mount by detaching your Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) from the mount and pulling up on the adhesive strips
- Only works with Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release)
- Dimensions: 6.207cm x 1.337cm x 12.662cm / Operating Conditions: -20°C - 70°C at 35% Humidity, Weather resistant
- No-Drill Mount will be most effective on even and smooth surfaces. It may be difficult to adhere to brick, shingles, and rough stucco surfaces. It should not be mounted on glass. In all cases, the wall should be wiped clean before attaching the No-Drill Mount.
What is the Warranty?
The Ring Video Doorbell No-Drill Mount (2021 Release) comes with a 1-year limited warranty.