Most landlords and homeowners frown at people drilling holes in their property. So if you wonder how to install your ring doorbell camera without drilling any hole either in your door or wall, we will show you how to go about it with this post.
To answer your question:
Yes it is pretty easy to install a Ring doorbell without drilling!
With this post, you will learn how to install a ring doorbell without drilling, how to set up your ring doorbell camera for maximum performance properly.
The ring doorbell camera with its variants has been considered one of the best doorbell cameras befitting every home.
However, one of the challenges users face, especially tenants, is how to install the Ring doorbell without making a hole in the wall. This shouldn’t be a problem because we have the solutions right here at Home Security Planet.
Can You Install Ring Doorbell without Drilling?
Yes, you can install a Ring doorbell cam without drilling by either using a mild adhesive, Ring doorbell holder for apartment door and removable doorbell plate; however, Ring’s new Ring peephole cam is designed for people who live in apartments or rental properties where the drilling and installation of a digital doorbell are not allowed.
As long as your door has a peephole, you should be able to install Ring’s doorbell cam without problems.
The Ring peephole doorbell video Cam is a wireless solution, meaning no drilling or permanent adjustments to your door or home are required to install.
The camera offers 1080p HD resolution, motion detection, Google assistant support, Alexa support, a microphone and speaker for two-way communication, and night vision for night vision.
There is also an impact sensor that sends you an alert if someone knocks on the door.
However, the only important requirement is that your door must have an existing peephole or door viewer. Then, remove the existing equipment, install the ring doorbell in place on each side of the door and add the rechargeable battery and removable faceplate.
They are all battery-powered with wireless connectivity. Therefore you do not have to drill any hole to connect it to power or chime.
How to Install Ring Video Doorbells Without Drilling Holes
Having received many requests via mail on the best way to mount a Ring video doorbell camera, we have decided to give you a simplified way to do it, using a Ring doorbell camera 2 as an example.
To get started, you will need to have the following tools ready: Ring Video Doorbell 2 or Ring Door View Cam, double-sided tape, level, your smartphone, and internet access.
- Stick the strong double-sided installation tape on the door of your apartment and make sure the tape is large enough for the doorbell camera.
- Remove the protective film from the tape.
- Stick the Ring Video Doorbell 2 onto the tape, making sure it sticks firmly to the wall.
- Download and run the Ring app. If you are a new Ring user, click Set-up a device to create our Ring account.
- Give your video doorbell a name. Then, allow the doorbell to access the local address.
- Press the black button on the doorbell to set it as Setup mode. Then, when the status LED on the doorbell is rotating, tap Continue on your Ring app.
- Connect the ring wireless video doorbell to your WiFi.
- Test your installation and camera angle for functionality.
How to install Ring Video Doorbell 2 without Drilling
Rated as the world’s most popular video doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell 2 has been tested many times by our team to ensure seamless operation.
It comes with a removable rechargeable battery, so you don’t have to plug it into an outlet for power or drill any hole for wiring.
This wireless video doorbell connects to your home router via the 2.4GHz WiFi band, so you can get live stream, playback, and push notifications remotely. Ring offers 60 days of free cloud storage for recording motion-triggered videos.
After that, you have to pay $ 3 / month to save the movie videos.
Can I mount my ring doorbell without screws?
As we know, the Ring Video Doorbell is a smart doorbell and security camera in one. It allows you to see and speak with whoever is at the door and even send you smartphone alerts when motion is detected or when someone presses the doorbell. However, if the thought of drilling holes in your doorframe or wall is giving you nightmares, don’t fret! There is a way to mount your Ring Video Doorbell without using any screws on the walls.
The ring video doorbell can be installed without screws. So if you don’t want to drill holes in your home to mount your new Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release), the Ring No-Drill Mount is the answer.
The Ring No-Drill Mount is a mounting plate specifically designed for the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release). It is perfect for apartment owners who can’t drill holes in their homes; with it, you can mount your new Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release)and never worry about damage to the walls outside your door.
However, this No-Drill Mount is specifically designed for the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release). Therefore, it will not work with the Ring Video Doorbell (1st Generation) or any other Ring Video Doorbell model.
In addition, it will not work with Ring Solar Doorbell Charger for Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release).
How do you mount a ring doorbell camera without screws?
There are ways in which a doorbell camera can be mounted without screws. Three of the most common ways are you can install a ring doorbell camera without drilling a hole:
3 of the most common ways are:
- Using a removable adhesive strip or suction cup can be peeled off the wall later without damaging anything.
- Using a small hook that will only leave a little hole and doesn’t require any drilling.
- Putting the camera on something such as a shelf or table, where there’s no need actually to attach it to the wall
- With those three options in mind, a homeowner or renter can get a security camera in the location they want and not damage the wall in the process.
While there are many ways to mount a ring doorbell, the most important thing is to make sure that it sees everything it was supposed to see. A doorbell camera should detect motion from a distance, send an alert to the homeowner and record the face of anyone on the front door or back door.
Ring Peephole Cam is a video doorbell designed for apartment residents, tenants, or tenants. As long as your flat door has a peephole, you can easily replace your current peephole with this best peephole doorbell without drilling or screwing. With 1080p Full HD, you can watch clear videos from your iPhone, Android smartphones, PCs, or tablets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is No-Drill Mount?
- No-drill mount that lets you attach Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) to your home without drilling
- Weather-proof, durable mount that uses strong, non-damaging adhesive to keep your doorbell securely attached to the wall
- Easily setup by adhering No-Drill Mount to your wall, and then attaching your Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) to the No-Drill Mount
- Easily remove the mount by detaching your Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) from the mount and pulling up on the adhesive strips
- Only works with Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release)
- Dimensions: 6.207cm x 1.337cm x 12.662cm / Operating Conditions: -20°C - 70°C at 35% Humidity, Weather resistant
- No-Drill Mount will be most effective on even and smooth surfaces. It may be difficult to adhere to brick, shingles, and rough stucco surfaces. It should not be mounted on glass. In all cases, the wall should be wiped clean before attaching the No-Drill Mount.
What is the Warranty?
Video Doorbell (2020 Release) In the Box No Drill Mount Wall Mount Tape has 1 Year Limited Warranty.